Highlights of my 2013
- Got a flat with my partner (I still feel so grateful every day)
- Finally began driving, 2.5 years after passing the test – took refresher lessons, joined City Car Club, and eventually hired a car for a week over the holiday for visiting family – think I have actually become a reasonably competent driver now! Never thought that day would come…
- Began playing music again – wish I hadn’t left it so long.
- Helped set up an Edinburgh Sunday Assembly, particularly the band
- Threw the Hogmanay party I’d first dreamed of a year ago, hoping that by 2013’s end we’d have a home to throw one in 🙂
Goals for 2014
- Get a new job, or at least get clear on the direction and take what steps are needed
- Exercise more
- Try writing songs again
- Play more violin and piano
- Fix up the flat a bit more (various DIY jobs, bits of furniture to get etc.)
- Reach out more at work; surrender to the discomfort and make myself heard
- Become more mindful of my biases towards various bleak ways of thinking, and try to get better at gently nudging myself out of them.
Happy New Year!